Say it isn't so... no more cheese curds??
If you visit Madison, the farmers' market has to be on your to-do list...even when cheese curds sell out! My new co-workers recommended it, especially since I could walk there from my summer sublet.
This is the largest producer-only farmer's market in the country. That means all items are produced locally.
More cool things -
1. You can get warm, soft, yummy cheese bread. People will stand in line for this and pay $8 for it. It is really selfish of Wisconsin for withholding this mound of goodness from the rest of the country. (Thanks to WISC's Jen Audetat for the tip.)
2. You can taste all the funky cheese you want. This is where cheese basks in its own glory. If you're from Missouri, the Osceola Cheese Factory ain't got nuthin' on this... sorry, Mom.
3. It can get kind of trippy with all of these mushrooms and such. I didn't even know Wisconsin was known for 'shrooms, but apparently, there are a lot of farmers who produce them. It's interesting for the eye, though my favorite all-time mushroom is the elusive morel.
And, don't forget:
1. Wear walking shoes.
2. Bring cash. At least $20 if you plan on buying cheese bread.
3. Don't bring a bag that will kill you when the straps start digging into your shoulder.
4. Bring a drink. I swear I only saw bubble tea and smoothies -- not a thirst quencher.
5. Remember you're basically on the capitol lawn, so no dogs... though I certainly saw some rule breakers.
For more info, go to the Dane County Farmers' Market
8/30/2013 05:58:37 pm
Great thing picture you share here it is move market up. i like this all cool thing which are related to farmer's market.
Leave a Reply.