So, let me tell you how it works. The Mid-South region is the only Emmy region that broadcasts the event live on TV. If you live in North Carolina, you could've watched it on UNC-TV. We were told that if we won, we'd only get 30 seconds to talk before goodbye music would play. I was already pretty nervous about the whole thing...
+Billy Stanley is one of my favorite Wilmington peeps and hangout'ers... and uploaded this to YouTube --
- So thankful for our viewers who allow us to experiment with social media and continue to hop onto different platforms with us
- Grateful to my news director, Scott Saxton, who encourages me take a lead on social media initiatives
- Love my husband, Jim Van Dillen, for letting me share a big portion of our lives online and for pushing the technology at work
- Thankful to Luke Freck, one of our engineers. Even a Google employee complimented him on his ingenuity for orchestrating the news broadcast into our Google Plus hangouts (that livestream over YouTube.)
- Our families have been so supportive of us leaving home to pursue our careers. Charles, Sharon, Jim and Donna - we miss you!
- The Google Plus community is full of brilliant people - we love our regular hangout'ers and we appreciate the work of our favorite journalists who are really blazing trails in this new age of human media (coined by Sarah Hill.)
The work we do is judged, and it's not always a fair representation of who we are. Although I'm extremely grateful of this honor, it doesn't change anything on our end. I just hope you'll consider joining us on one of our many platforms. Bambuser and VYou are also great ways to strike up a conversation - I often use both for fun or for news!
I learn something from these people everyday. They are leaders and innovators in news and social media:
Sarah Hill - now with Veterans United
Some of my favorite Google Plus friends -
These are people who are on the pulse of what's new with Google Plus, are loyal hangout'ers, or are social media experts. There are many more people to mention, but this is my personal short list: